It’s been around 5 months since I’ve last made an update as work and life have generally been extremely busy. I’ve managed to find some time to release an update with some minor fixes.
I have recently been involved with a project whereby we wanted to use Microsoft Azure to host an application, and for users of this application to be able to login using their local Windows login details and for their permissions to be synced with Active Directory. To achieve this we identified that we could make use of Microsoft Azure Active Directory (online) synced with our local Active Directory on our network.
I’ve just uploaded a very minor update of ThinkTwit.
I’m pleased to announce an update to ThinkTwit to version 1.6.1 and the first update of 2015! There are some minor fixes and new features within this update, but I know of at least a handful of people out there that will benefit greatly from it.
I’ve been a busy bee over the last few weeks: this is the biggest update to ThinkTwit that I’ve made in a long time, since before the upgrade to Twitter REST API v1.1, and it fixes a number of things that I have wanted to update for a while but also which I’ve had a number of requests for.
If, like me, you’ve poured through different resources trying to really understand FIPS 140-2 and what is required to achieve this standard then this article should hopefully give you the answers and links to more information.
Due to my experience with the Twitter API through my implementation of ThinkTwit, I’ve had a few questions lately on how to implement the Twitter (Search) API in Python so rather than answer people individually I figured it would be best to share with everyone on my blog.
A ThinkTwit update is long overdue – I’d like to announce some changes I have recently made that overhaul the debugging output as well as another feature that has been discussed back and forth with an avid ThinkTwit user for sometime – thanks to Jeffrey Granger (weightlossexercisediet.com) for his usual tireless assistance!
I’ve recently been blogging about my experience of home brew; I first blogged about “My introduction to home brew“, then how “To make a scratter” and finally “Cider making, from fresh apples“. Whilst the latter two are clearly about cider – my passion – I’ve also been interested in wine making and beer making. So far my experience of these has been limited to wine and beer kits; now I can’t really make wine using fresh grapes due to the limitation of access to cheap grapes, ingredients for beer on the other hand are quite easily accessible so I thought I’d give it ago…
I’ve recently been through, and unfortunately failed, the BCS CITP assessment process. For those that don’t know the BCS is the Chartered Institute for IT and the Chartered IT Professional status is equivalent to the chartered status in accounting, but for IT. There are a number of benefits that CITP status gives you, but mostly it is the recognition that comes with the title.
Whilst I was on this journey I couldn’t find a great deal about it online (not really great given they are trying to expand knowledge about it in the IT profession) which made things considerably difficult for me – I am the sort of person who needs a lot of information about a subject to really tackle it; this is, in some ways I guess, contradictory to the attributes of a Chartered IT Professional I guess but it’s just in my nature. I wanted to blog about my experience for others to understand it better but also to remind myself when I try again.