I’ve been a busy bee over the last few weeks: this is the biggest update to ThinkTwit that I’ve made in a long time, since before the upgrade to Twitter REST API v1.1, and it fixes a number of things that I have wanted to update for a while but also which I’ve had a number of requests for.
Here’s the list of updates:
- Fixed an issue with tweets not always being picked up from Twitter due to too many requests for the authentication token
- Fixed cleanup process not running
- Added translation (i18n) to some missed areas
- Fixed a PHP warning that is output sometimes when filtering out old usernames
- Fixed the conversion of relevant Tweet content that wasn’t being correctly turned in to links
- Updated the AJAX handler to use the recommended method (using admin-ajax.php and appropriate hooks)
- Updated the Twitter Follow Button to use the new code that Twitter have produced but also used the IFRAME method to ensure it works with “Prevent Caching”
- Updated the Tweet object (which holds all tweets) to add some functionality and more clearly define the content and functions
- Added a Clear Cache button in the Settings (really useful when there is something not right e.g. after an update)
- Added code to load tweets when caching is turned on but the cache is empty
- Added logging functionality to log error messages (that can’t be dealt with gracefully) to the error log (error_log in root WordPress directory)
- And here’s the most requested update: added the ability to filter usernames and hashtags using AND or OR searches
I hope everyone finds this update useful, and as always please do let me know if there are any issues so that I can get them resolved.
ThinkTwit is now over 2,500 lines of code and over 100 KB in size; it’s far more than I ever intended to be and that’s all down to the users who give me their very useful feedback and feature requests, so please do keep up the good work!