I’ve been experiencing a confusing error message on one of our servers recently which seems to be occurring every minute or so. It took me a while to track down the solution so I just wanted to share it in the hope that it may help others. The error itself is: “The application-specific permission settings […]
I’ve just released a new minor release of ThinkTwit – version 1.2.0. This release demanded a minor release (e.g. 1.x.0, rather than maintenance, e.g. 1.1.x) due to a significant re-write of the code – specifically around the visibility of functions.
So two weeks ago I was playing Duke Nukem Forever when my PC crashed – ever since I’ve been unable to boot past the Windows loading screen. After various testing, and eventually getting fed up and passing it over to my mate, I’ve found that the graphics card seems to have fried itself. Although it […]
I’ve added the Better WordPress reCAPTCHA plugin to the blog in order to reduce the amount of spam accounts that are created by bots. Even though Akismet seems to do a good job of filtering the spam, I’ve still gotta delete it and also the users associated with them – it seems to be a good […]
Just uploaded a minor modification to ThinkTwit that adds filtering (so you can use apply_filters) and also adds nofollow tags to URLs.
After a request from Alvin (latraverseedustick on WordPress.org) I’ve made some quick updates that allow: Targeting of individual tweets Targeting of odd/even tweets Targeting of author Targeting of author suffix e.g. ” said: “ Linking of the avatar to the author’s profile
As per the request of Aaron Snowberger I’ve added a minor update that allows the display of the avatar of the user who posted each tweet. At the moment this just loads it live from Twitter, but I will make a future update that allows caching of this image as well for those who use the […]
I’ve just posted a new update to ThinkTwit – I found numerous small bugs including: Cache not saving with the widgetid so all widget instantiations were sharing the same cache Previous cache size determined all future cache size i.e. it could not resize if limit was changed or there were few tweets last time but more this […]
So I recently noticed that although my last update included caching, there were some times in which the cache would not be accessed correctly – specifically, when updating from Twitter it was overwriting the cache rather than updating it and then displaying the cache. This wouldn’t be a problem if the live update was full […]
So it’s been slightly over a year and due to various problems with my PC (an incredibly difficult issue to resolve as I had issues with more than one part) and lack of time I’ve been unable to complete the work that I started after the last update.