I’m new to IIS 7 (7.5 to be specific) and have just been struggling with an issue which I’d like to share the solution to – IIS 7.5 no longer uses the IUSR_machine_name account to apply write (or other) permissions to a directory. Instead you have to use IUSR.
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged, and since I created this primarily for making a record of obscure problems that will hopefully help others I thought I’d just post one I experience today:
Well due to MSI providing me with a dud replacement motherboard I finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my system. I completely avoided all MSI products this time round and now my computer is running smoothly again, with some slightly faster kit. I shall get back to ThinkTwit development and will do my […]
Well it’s been a while since I’ve been able to post – just thought I’d let anyone reading what’s going on and why I’ve not posted any ThinkTwit updates in a while. As you will have seen from previous posts I’ve had issues with my PC – after getting my motherboard fixed I received further […]
I had my first “Graze” box last week. I’m not really a fan of healthy foods like dried fruits, nuts, seeds etc. but I decided to get one of these boxes as they were free. How wrong I was, it tasted great! They send you a mixture of different things, rather than let you choose, […]
My PC is FINALLY working again! MSI stuck to their work, fixed and returned the motherboard no questions asked, for a small fee of course, although it took about 4 or 5 weeks! I shall try my best to get working on ThinkTwit again this week and finall roll out the changes I was working […]
My computer is currently out of action. Had a lot of trouble with it ever since I built it 2 years ago and it’s only emerged recently that it seems to be due to the motherboard. After a LOT of wrangling with MSI, who make the motherboard, they have finally agreed to repair or replace […]
I’ve added another update to ThinkTwit as of yesterday; this includes use of ordered lists (ol) instead of unordered lists (ul) as it is more semantically correct, removed some old code left over from some time back that was no longer necessary, and added the ability to output usernames instead of Twitter names. The roadmap […]
I recently found the need to give AJAX abilities to a WordPress widget. Notably, I had a request from Kjell Martin Bovre of Scribo.no to allow ThinkTwit to update when used with a caching engine, for instance WP Super Cache. Caching engines work by converting the pages of a site in to HTML and, rather […]
Yesterday I posted a small update to ThinkTwit to fix some internal code issues, update the readme and update a screenshot to correctly represent recent changes. As usual, feel free to provide feedback and I’ll do what I can to improve it!