I’ve released a very minor update to resolve an incompatibility issue with WordPress 4.4:
I’ve just uploaded a very minor update of ThinkTwit.
I’ve been a busy bee over the last few weeks: this is the biggest update to ThinkTwit that I’ve made in a long time, since before the upgrade to Twitter REST API v1.1, and it fixes a number of things that I have wanted to update for a while but also which I’ve had a number of requests for.
Due to my experience with the Twitter API through my implementation of ThinkTwit, I’ve had a few questions lately on how to implement the Twitter (Search) API in Python so rather than answer people individually I figured it would be best to share with everyone on my blog.
A ThinkTwit update is long overdue – I’d like to announce some changes I have recently made that overhaul the debugging output as well as another feature that has been discussed back and forth with an avid ThinkTwit user for sometime – thanks to Jeffrey Granger (weightlossexercisediet.com) for his usual tireless assistance!
I have just launched an update to ThinkTwit which brings to us a new feature that I have wanted to add for quite some time. Thanks to a kind offer from Maria Ramos at WebHostingHub.com I have finally been able to add this feature. Here’s a brief summary of the changes:
You may or may not know that I’m the developer of a Twitter plugin for WordPress, called ThinkTwit – this very easily allows you to add your tweets to your blog, which can make it very easy for someone to see your thoughts in one place and is also a great marketing tool to have on your corporate website. There are hundreds of tools out there that do this, but few are as flexible as mine.
Not many people are aware of ThinkTwit, and those that do find it could easily think that it’s just for developers, so I thought I’d post a blog on how to use it to show how easy it is to use – and generally to help people who want a quality, reliable tool that is easy to install now but can be very easily expanded further down the line.
Just a quick update to ThinkTwit:
Updated the readme.txt, and both shortcode and Output Anywhere as there were some inconsistencies in naming but also some of the instructions were out of date and hence wrong. Should resolve any issues anyone is having with either of these or with multiple usage on one page.
Many thanks to Martijn Pantlin, from Orgone Media, for testing and pointing out issues to me!
It’s been a while since I last posted or made any changes to ThinkTwit as work is very busy at the moment – apologies if anyone has missed me, but I’m guessing not as I’ve not had a lot of feedback. One request that came through recently which stood out has prompted this latest release, here’s a summary:
I’ve made some very minor updates to ThinkTwit following on from some issues that I found during my last update and also a very small addition to the new settings page which I thought people would find interesting.