As with everything, once you know how this actually quite easy – but when you first look at documentation on Twitter’s website about how to do this it can be a little daunting.
Everyone using ThinkTwit absolutely HAS to upgrade to this new version or else ThinkTwit
will stop working from 10th June 2013!
Someone (effex100) on the WordPress.org Plugins page kindly pointed out that hashtags are not loading correctly.
Have just committed a very small update which corrects some issues introduced in a recent new feature (the follow button) and within the hotfix, and also made use of a change from XML to JSON. Specifically:
Continue reading ThinkTwit Update 1.3.10
As I’ve recently had to implement the JSON implementation of the Twitter Search API v1.0 as a hotfix into ThinkTwit, I thought it might be useful to share how I did this…
So if you’re here it’s probably because you need to read JSON in PHP or you have to implement an API, maybe the Twitter API. First of all you need to construct your URL, if you are using the Twitter Search API it may look like this:
Continue reading Loading JSON web service in to PHP
So you may or may not have noticed ThinkTwit turning everything italic – either way you’ll be wanting to download this update. The long and short of it is that Twitter have changed their API and this version is 100% required if you want to keep using ThinkTwit – and no doubt every other Twitter plugin will need to be updated as well.
Having had an issue with ThinkTwit turning half a user’s page italic (it was spewing em tags all over the place) and researching the issue I have found out that Twitter have recently changed their API to no longer support XML. Despite signs that this may be coming (as they had gradually removed XML support from other services) they did not give a timeline and this change came completely out of the blue.
Some of you may have noticed already that I launched a minor update yesterday to ThinkTwit – it wasn’t a major update hence I’ve been a bit tardy posting about it, though it has taken a lot of effort and been a number of weeks in the coming during which 2 other updates have come since I started coding it but the update wasn’t finished to get in to either of them.
I’ve just updated ThinkTwit to version 1.3.7 with the following changes:
There seems to be a new Twitter virus or phishing scam going around which affected my boss today. He had a couple of messages telling him that he had a virus, they had received the following message:
what are you doing on this moviefacebook.com/42219320781811… wow upsetting