I’ve had a small number of reports lately that ThinkTwit has been deleting the index.php file from the root directory. After some investigation and attempts to fix this I’ve decided to remove the offending code temporarily until I can fix it properly. Here’s an explanation of the code:
I’m happy to report that last week I had a very nice surprise when I turned my phone on at the airport after a well deserved trip to Ibiza: I received a notification from PayPal to say that I’d had a donation for ThinkTwit. The donation was kindly given by Martijn Pantlin from Orgone Media and was very happily received!
I’ve just launched a minor update to ThinkTwit with the following:
- Added code to delete old avatars (doesn’t work if owner of avatars is different to running process)
- Supress errors on chmod and delete of directories
- Added code to remove all options on uninstallation
That’s all for now, but I have already started work on some further changes but you’ll have to wait another few weeks at least for these.
I am today releasing a minor update to ThinkTwit, version 1.3.4, after a fortnight of beta testing by a ThinkTwit fan (thanks Jeffrey!) who has helped me locate and fix some issues with the new avatar caching:
Continue reading ThinkTwit Update 1.3.4
I’d like to announce a long overdue update to ThinkTwit that I have just released after having some time over the Jubilee weekend – so a few people owe thanks to her Highness 😉
I’ve just released a minor update to ThinkTwit which adds the current version of ThinkTwit to the database, for the purpose of making upgrades more smooth in future, along with storing a list of the names of each cache used to store tweets – this will also be helpful for upgrading and uninstallation in future as we need to know this information to either upgrade the cache or to remove it.
Finally, I noticed a method with an extraneous parameter so removed this.
I’ve released a very minor update yesterday that should get rid of the “file_get_contents” warning that appears for some users within the admin dashboard – when moving some of the methods in to the ThinkTwit class I forgot to make them static which obviously caused some confusion. Thanks to Sunny Chan and Amir Habibi for pointing out the issue and assisting by testing the fix!
Additionally I’ve added Steven Mcphillips as an additional contributor whom I hope can assist with make some minor additions initially and maybe some on-going efforts on the roadmap.
For some time I’ve not been entirely happy with ThinkTwit upgrades – development on ThinkTwit started initially as an internal project for a past employer (Think Consulting Solutions). We had been wanting to contribute to Open Source for some time and this seemed like the perfect solution to both problems: Open Source the code I have written.
Have finally found to add another update to ThinkTwit – it’s been just over a month since the last release as I’ve had a lot on in work. I set down today to make 3 minor changes, one of which was in the FAQ, and ended up making 7 changes in total:
Just released a minor ThinkTwit update (1.2.1). It basically includes some pieces I wanted to include in 1.2.0 but didn’t have time, as I like to update in discrete units and to finish them before taking a break – although this break was smaller than I intended, I got a bit bored :/
It just includes some donation code, should you wish to donate to ThinkTwit’s development, and a quite useful ability to expand and contract sections of the ThinkTwit widget settings.