I’ve just released a new minor release of ThinkTwit – version 1.2.0. This release demanded a minor release (e.g. 1.x.0, rather than maintenance, e.g. 1.1.x) due to a significant re-write of the code – specifically around the visibility of functions.
The ThinkTwit class now contains all of the core functionality that operates on processing data within ThinkTwit (the tweets), especially caching and output. The only code outside of this is the Tweet class, code to register the widget, and handling of shortcodes and public function calls.
Many new features have also been introduced and there has been a major update of the readme and screenshots to reflect the changes made:
- Massive update to the readme, including updated screenshots
- Re-write of code to make better use of object orientation and private/public functions
- More flexibility in shortcodes and output anywhere function (thinktwit_output) – including ability to use caching
- Introduced ability to alter time output text e.g. “This happened 16 minutes ago”
- Added class to style error message when using AJAX
- General readability improvements to code
Hope everyone finds this useful – if you have any comments please make them below, including any requests for new features (feature list available on the ThinkTwit page).
NOTE: After updating you may need to go in to your widget settings and press Save if you find that your times (e.g. “This happened…”) do not show.